The price of gutter cleaning will depend on different factors: the type of property, the number of linear meters that the gutter occupies, the difficulty of access, the style of the roof …
In this sense, you have to take into account that the price that we offer you below is only an estimate based on the most common prices.
If you want a budget for gutter cleaning that fits your specific situation, you can contact our professionals. They will send you various offers so you can choose the one that suits you best.
And, in many cases, these professionals will also be able to offer you prices to renew your gutter system, if there is any area that needs to be replaced.
What influences the price of gutter cleaning?
Anyone who owns a property is aware of the importance of keeping it in good condition. A fundamental element to avoid problems is the water channeling system.
As you have seen, to establish the gutter cleaning rates, a price per linear meter is set. To calculate the price of the service it is necessary to know how many meters the gutters measure approximately.
On the other hand, in the case of cleaning gutters in single-family homes, it is possible to find more specific prices. In fact, the most common is to deal with gutter cleaning professionals and companies that perform this task for a price of between 100 and 200 euros.
What process does gutter cleaning follow?
The gutter cleaning process may seem relatively simple: accumulated dirt is cleaned with shovels, brushes, and water, any obstructions that may have occurred are removed, and no cracks or fissures are checked.
It can also be used to install a protective element that helps keep the structure clean, such as leaf guards.
Of course, you may be considering doing gutter cleaning yourself. Indeed, it is a possibility, but it is not recommended:
- To begin with, gutter cleaning jobs may require the use of a number of specific tools.
- In addition, gutter cleaning is a task that is not without risk. It is usually done at height and, therefore, it is necessary to have certain protective materials and safety anchors.
Why is gutter cleaning important?
As we have already pointed out, gutters are a fundamental element in any property. They have multiple advantages: they drain rainwater, prevent rainwater from dirtying the facade, minimize splashing on sidewalks, etc.
However, it is inevitable that, in the long run, different types of waste will accumulate. To ensure this does not become a major problem, it is important to carry out a maintenance cleaning of the gutters from time to time.
If you don’t pay enough attention to these issues, you may end up running into one of these problems:
- Stains on the facade: When the gutters do not drain well due to a small blockage or obstruction, it is possible that lime or mold stains will form on your facade.
- Bad smells: Accumulated water can become stagnant and, when it comes into contact with the dirt in the gutter, it can end up producing unpleasant odors.
- Leaks and leaks: Another consequence of a malfunctioning drainage system can be leaks and leaks. When the gutters do not drain as they should, the rain can overflow. If this happens, the water that falls through the facade can seep and cause humidity on the walls.
- Foundation moisture problems: This is probably the most serious consequence that can occur. If the drainage problem continues for a long time, the water can end up seeping into the foundation and this can lead to damage to the structure of the building.
In any case, if you have doubts, the best thing you can do is seek professional advice.
How often is it advisable to clean the gutters?
This is one of the most recurring doubts regarding gutter maintenance. You should know that, as a general rule, experts usually recommend cleaning the gutters between one and two times a year.
The frequency necessary to carry out this cleaning will depend on several factors: the amount of rainfall that is common in the area where your property is located, how such rainfall occurs (regular rains, torrential rains, etc.), if there is a lot of vegetation that the rain can carry and that can cause traffic jams.
In any case, it is advisable to carry out preventive cleaning in autumn and spring. These are the rainiest seasons and, therefore, in which prevention is most necessary. In summary, just as you usually contact Fussy Roof Restorations to install gutters, it is best to have professionals for cleaning. Unless you have all the necessary materials, tools and experience, it is best to leave it in the hands of specialists.
You may also want to read: How to find a “real” business coaching, for you or your team?